Interface Panel Numeric updown value update issue

Support forum for MegunoLink
skprabhala53

Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:58 pm

Hi,

I'm working on an interface panel with some tools. My current issue is with a "Numeric up down" tool.

I've attached the Arduino code file and the Megunolink interface panel file.

I'm using the Numeric up down tool to define a 'loop' variable. The loop, when executed should monitor a temperature sensor and print the values to the serial window.

I'm using a button named "RUN" to transmit a character which uses a switch case and triggers the concerned loop.

Here, my loop variable should be a pre-selected value. I select the loop variable value and hit Run. The loop then executes for so many number of times and then stops.

Instead of the above flow, when I select the loop variable and click Run, the loop variable won't update and still runs for the default number of times. I have tried a lot of things and searched the forum and the documentation but no use. I think I'm missing a piece of code to update the Loop variable in the main loop function. Please help. Thanks.
Attachments
Files.zip
Zip folder has arduino and Megunolink Files
(3.38 KiB) Downloaded 582 times
philr

Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:15 am

Hi, just a few we issues that I have fixed. Please find the files below.

In summary
- In your interface panel the commands need to start with an ! for the command handler to identify them
- You can not have any other parts of your program reading characters from the serial port. If there is then it will steal characters breaking the command handler functionality

Cheers
Phil
Attachments
Files_updated.zip
(3.69 KiB) Downloaded 520 times
skprabhala53

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:10 pm

Thank you very much Phil, for identifying and also fixing the problem for me.

I've tested it and its working fine. Now, I've add the rest of my project functionality to it. Kudos for the great support.

Cheers.