Can I export the table content?

Support forum for MegunoLink
bittware

Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:42 am

Hi,
I'd like to export table content. Is it possible by Megunolink?
philr

Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:45 pm

Hi, currently this cant be done directly from the Table visualiser, however, it can be done using our scheduled reporting system.
http://www.megunolink.com/documentation ... reporting/

Just without the schedules bit.
You can set up reporting to save the table to a particular directory with a particular filename. Then rather than enabling reporting using the schedule you just hit the F2 key and it will save the current table values to a csv file.

Cheers
Phil
bittware

Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:03 am

philr wrote:Hi, currently this cant be done directly from the Table visualiser, however, it can be done using our scheduled reporting system.
http://www.megunolink.com/documentation ... reporting/

Just without the schedules bit.
You can set up reporting to save the table to a particular directory with a particular filename. Then rather than enabling reporting using the schedule you just hit the F2 key and it will save the current table values to a csv file.

Cheers
Phil
Thanks for the reply.
However, when I try to "Configure reporting...". It prompts to "select a visualizer to configure the report settings". In the "content" frame, there is all empty. Nothing could be selected, although I do really have a Table on my control panel with data filled out.
How to resolve this?
boilerguy

Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:25 pm

I have had similar problems with the reporting configuration. I found the configure reporting will not allow you to select the Interface Panel visualizer for some reason. I was trying to capture a XY plot in a Interface Panel and could not. I created a separate XY plot which could be reported.

Try setting up a new Table visualizer separate to the one you have in the Interface Panel. I think you will see the new Table as a reporting option.
philr

Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:16 am

Exactly, reporting doesn't work when its in the interface panel. You need to add it as a separate visualiser to enable it.

Cheers
Phil
Paul

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:37 am

There's also a shortcut to copy table values to the clipboard.

Just select the rows/ cells you want to copy, then type Ctrl + C (the windows shortcut for copying a selection to the clipboard).