background fill

Support forum for MegunoLink
MarionResearch

Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:38 pm

Hi - I am new here. Is there a way to store or recall the TIMEPLOT background fill?

I changed color 2 using edit plot properties and then save. But when I open the control panel the background fill is the default yellow.

I haven't found how to set it from the device either.

This seems small in the scheme of things that MegunoLink has opened up to me, but I'm about to release my panel to a customer and thought it would be great to have the corporate color scheme.

Mike.
philr

Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:42 am

Hi Mike, I tried adjusting the colors here and they changed correctly and stuck around after saving and restoring my interface. Can you explain your issue a little more?

Cheers
Phil
MarionResearch

Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:17 pm

Could this be because I did not re-install after purchasing my license? I entered my key into the demo and It doesn't appear to be in demo mode anymore.

I choose plot properties and then change color 2 to a custom RGB color. Then save. The next time I open, it returns to the default yellow.
MarionResearch

Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:44 pm

I reinstalled MegunoLink and it still does this. As a matter of fact, it seems none of the properties in the plot properties window get saved.
I change the chart title, and Y axis title and those return to the default "Chart" and "y" when I reopen the mlpz file.
Is there a way to set these properties in the Designer?

Thanks,

Mike.
MarionResearch

Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:52 pm

The "Plot" thickens.

I was able to change the background colors to one of the example interfaces. I emailed you the file I'm using.

I change my file name to not have any spaces and I saved it in the directory with the examples. I edited the plot parameters and then closed. It then asked if I would like to save changes and the list of changes was blank.

Could it be that I started this file in the demo mode prior to license purchase?

Thanks,

Mike.
MarionResearch

Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:09 pm

More information -
I opened a new Time Plot project and it lets me change and save the background color of the time plot. However, my problem is changing the color of a Time Plot Visualizer on my interface panel. If I add a time plot to my interface panel, I can not save any changes to that time plot.

Very interesting.

Thanks,

Mike.
philr

Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:50 pm

Hi Mike, yes you have identified a bug unfortunately. Settings should save fine for the non-interface panel version. The interface panel version should be fixed in the next update. Sorry about this.
Phil
MarionResearch

Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:58 pm

Phil - No need to apologize. The end result is just great.