Having a problem with interfacing

Support forum for MegunoLink
nigel91

Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:24 pm

My problem is somewhat minor but with a major root of inexperience . I am working on a project to measure energy and turn off an on power from a relay using the reading . I am using the open energy monitor and i have been seriously trying to make this work with megunolink . My problem comes in 2 parts.

1. I need to set the order in which the relay has to be turned off based on user input. So for this i made a gui with a drop down button . so i need megunolink to read the value and send it to the arduino as an integer . Someone helped me earlier by using case structures but i only got confused since its different from my setup (thank you Paul) .

2. I need to plot the values i am getting onto 5 separate graphs and allow the user to select a graph by choice , i have not gotten to this part yet but from the tutorials i seem to have the hang of it . My major worry is the first problem this not soo much

Below is my code and what i have tried soo far . i dont know to what extant you may help me .. or if it is possible ...
Attachments
Energy Project.zip
Arduino code and Megunolink file
(5.02 KiB) Downloaded 957 times
philr

Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:49 am

Hi Nigel, can you describe in a bit more detail what you are trying to do in terms of hardware and we can try put you in the right direction as to how we would do it using MegunoLink.

Cheers
Phil