Deploy the GUI for other users

A place to just chat
rltchau

Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:36 am

I am comparing the situation in LabVIEW.
In LabVIEW
Once I completed the VI (Program), I can build an Installer. Other user can run that Installer, afterward user can Run the application.exe file to execute program.

Is it the same or similar in MegunoLink?
I built the GUI, test run in my computer. Compile the GUI and form an Installer alike. Deploy to another user, they just run that GUI without the MegunoLink, and act like a standalone program.
philr

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:40 am

Hi, yes this is possible. We have an additional tool called Builder for this purpose. You can check it out here
https://www.megunolink.com/documentatio ... roduction/

Cheers
Phil
cbliss

Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:02 am

similar question, I have two computers, one with MegunoLink Pro and one without anything yet. I want to use the one without, for running my MegunoLink UI and the other for the more intense controller operations. To do that, do I need a second copy of MegunoLink or can I use Builder? I am not running commercial, I am just an old retired engineer maker guy.
philr

Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:01 am

You can use a second copy of MegunoLink if you are the only user. If there are multiple users then we expect you to purchase a second license for that machine.

Builder is also an option. Reach out for a discount since you wont be using it commercially if you want to go down that avenue.

Cheers
Phil