Displaying IMU data

A place to just chat
pnaybour

Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:44 pm

Hello

I only discovered Megumo link last nigh and so far I have been very impressed. I am working with and Adafruit LSM6DSOX + LIS3MDL - Precision 9 DoF IMU and an Adafruit STM32F405 Feather Express. I have very quickly got the necessary magnetometer calibration curves.

I have the fustion algorithum working on the STM32 to output pitch, roll and Yaw.

Next I would really like to show the this data on the PC screen as 3D object. I notice you have a feature for map data, any chance you could add one for pitch, roll and yaw. Or does anyone else have experience using showing IMU data in Megunolink.
pnaybour

Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:22 pm

My project has progressed a little further and I am now reading data from three separate IMUs and completing the fusion for each. I have an additional question.

Has anyone written a library for Python to read data in Meguno format?
philr

Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:15 am

Hi Pnaybour, not that I'm aware of. Do you want to be able to switch between MegunoLink and Python?
Spuntosoft

Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:31 pm

pnaybour wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:44 pm ...
Next I would really like to show the this data on the PC screen as 3D object. I notice you have a feature for map data, any chance you could add one for pitch, roll and yaw. Or does anyone else have experience using showing IMU data in Megunolink.
Hi, I would be very interested in a graph showing a 3D object represented with the orientation coming from the IMU (Pitch, Roll, Yaw or Pitch, Roll, Heading): additionally the implementation with actual position (X,Y,Z or Latitude, Longitude, Altitude ) would be great.
Is Meguno planning to implement something like that?
That would be very useful for real world applications
Thank you !
philr

Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:25 am

Hi, its not currently in our plan but Ill add to the feature request list.
Spuntosoft

Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:27 am

Good morning Phil,
many thanks.
The feature is useful in any robotic, surveillance and flight application that may widen by far the Meguno Link implementations.
The feature shouldn't be difficult to be implemented
If you are interested in a cooperation, please let us know, thank you
All the best
Spuntosoft
https://www.spuntosoft.com