Packaged mlpz does not run

Support forum for Builder.
cephid

Thu May 06, 2021 11:00 am

I have built and packaged a project which installs and runs on the PC on which MegunoLink is installed. However, when I install the package on another PC (which does not have MegunoLink installed on it), although the package installs, the mlpz file does not fire up, rather I am asked what program I want to use to action on the mlpz file.

Any ideas on how to resolve this are appreciated.

Thanks.
cephid

Thu May 06, 2021 11:57 am

Problem partly solved. the mlpz file needs to be opened with MegunlLink.Host. When installed, the mlpz file has defaulted to opening with a browser. Next question, how is this avoided?

Thanks.
cephid

Thu May 06, 2021 12:07 pm

Now, if I uninstall the package and reinstall, everything is ok. But will I see the initial problem on another PC which has never had a package installed? Time to set up some virtual machines to find out!
cephid

Thu May 06, 2021 4:25 pm

It seems as though the file association is lost when installed in the programs folder. Had no issues when the folder was put onto the root of the drive (I repackaged the files which I knew ran on my work pc). Will do some more work on the problem tomorrow just to confirm my suspicion.