Controlling interface from Arduino

Support forum for MegunoLink
RBerliner

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:04 am

I have been attempting to control the interface from my Arduino to have the interface reflect the status of variables stored in NV RAM on startup.

I have created an InterfacePanel Variable and I have included an MLPUIMessageProcessor in the Interface Panel Tray.

I have tried to simply set or clear a checkbox using:

razorPanel.SetCheck("Name");

placed in the loop method, where Name is the name of the panel checkbox control. Can razorPanel.SetCheck("Name") be placed in the setup method?

I have left the ChannelName for the MLPUIMessageProcessor blank.

I never see any messages in the Serial Monitro that begin with {UI.....

and in fact my program hangs when the razorPanel.SetCheck("Name") is not commented out.

I am Communicating through LOG_PORT (a usb serial port) and not a simple serial port. Is this supposed to be noted somewhere for the message processor to work?

I do have CommandHandler<> SerialCommandHandler(LOG_PORT);

and actions on the interface panel are propagated through to the Arduino.
philr

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:26 am

Hi, what is a LOG_PORT? haven't seen that before. You can definitely put it in the setup function as long as you configure your serial port beforehand (serial.begin(9600)). You might want a slight delay after setting up the port. If your device isn't reset when connecting then you might also miss that message as setup is only called once.

Cheers
Phil
RBerliner

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:50 am

Hi Phil:

The website said that the posting did not go out so I tried something else. See the next Post.