Serial communication Stops

Support forum for MegunoLink
cbliss

Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:20 am

I have an interface panel that just stops receiving data. To get it to restart, I have to use Connection Manager to disconnect and reconnect to get it going again. I have the baud rate running at 19,200 and am sending data to 3 time plot lines, 4 gauges and about 6 dynamic labels. At the same time I am using a USB to CAN adapter to talk to a Sevcon motor controller. So, that said, should I use a different combination of baud rates, if so what would be optimum? Is there a way to get MegunoLink automatically reconnect when the connection drops? It would be OK to have a little data loss, but having a full disconnect kind of blows the testing.

The project is a Dynomometor interface using an Arduino Uno. Sensors pickup and send output to MegunoLink for RPM, Torque, Temperature, Volts, Current, Hp. The Arduion seems to keep up with it.
cbliss

Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:23 pm

A bit more: I lowered the baud to 9600 and it still failed, but it failed when I put a load on the motor, so thought it might be noise from the controller. I put in a USB isolator and that seems to have solved the problem. I expect others might consider using isolators on the communications in noisy environments.
philr

Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:00 am

Good catch. Noise must have been ruining the USB connection.