Inter Serial Device Communication (Merged Sources?)

Support forum for MegunoLink
gcrisler

Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:21 pm

Hello,

I would like a command from one of my devices to trigger a serial command to a separate device. Is there a way to do that?

I have an ESP-32 running an automated test rig and would like to reset a charge amplifier that is being used to take measurements. Both are interfaced with MegunoLink, but I cant seem to find any way to trigger one from the other. The charge amp only communicates over serial port, so there doesn't appear to be another way to do this directly.

I have tried a merged source and have been able to trigger a checkbox with the ESP-32, and set the OnCheckChangedSend parameter to the command I would like to send, but I get the following error when it attempts to send the command: Error sending: no serial channel selected." This error goes away when I change from the merged source to the charge amp serial port as the source, but it loses the ability to be triggered by the ESP-32.

Is there a way to configure a serial output port for a merged source? Or a way to send commands from one serial device to another?

Thank you!