Property Table feature request

Support forum for MegunoLink
adbgw

Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:21 am

Couple of feature requests for Property Table:
1/ Property Table contents should be able to be loaded from a file. It can be saved, but not loaded.
Absence of save has killed my approach of using a Property Table to backup/restore my micro project's configuration. Didn't notice until just now that it was missing. Have got a Property Table with config values being updated as required, and can save that - but no way to load it back in, so useless.

2/ Property Table should be able to be set to read only, so user can't change values - only micro (but user can still save - and load when that's possible).
Optionally would be nice if Name, Value, and Description could be separately set to read only. Eg so Name can't be changed, but Value can be.
adbgw

Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:16 am

And another:
3/ Property Table rows should be able to be requested by row # (as opposed to by Name).

Once Property Table contents can be loaded from a file (request #1) I'd like to use a Property Table as the source file for a bootloader to reprogram the micro: each row could contain a few bytes of the hex file, and the bootloader could request each row in turn. Currently that'd require the Name to be set to something known to the bootloader - eg sequential numbers.

4/ Number of rows in Property Table should be able to be requested by micro.