MessageLibrary not working in 1.36.22351.1217?

A place to report bugs you find in Builder and Megunolink.
adbgw

Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:13 am

Documentation isn't super clear on how to refer to a MessageLibrary message in a control's 'send message' text, but I don't think it's working.

I've got a MessageLibrary with a message called 'Connect' (and an MLPUIMessageProcessor connected to the MessageLibrary - not that I think that is necessary for this).

I'm attempting to send the 'Connect' command (just 'abcd' as a test) from a Button's OnClickSend via
[MyMessageLibrary.Get("Connect")]

That syntax appears correct in that it doesn't raise an error (nothing reported in the Error History) but what the Monitor window shows as being sent is:
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[N8I.Protocols.IMessage]
Which seems to be some internal class\object\interface reference, rather the desired text 'abcd'.

Bug or I am just using it wrong?
Paul

Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:04 pm

Sorry; that ones a bug. The message library was designed for fetching info from the Arduino end. This use-case should work, but unfortunately the message library works slightly differently to other controls. I've added to our bug list, in the meantime I suggest placing the message you want to send directly in the OnClickSend property.

I'd be interested in your use case; it helps us understand how to make the software better. What's the motivation for using the message library instead of putting messages directly into the properties?