Arduino Mega ADK/MegunoLink Pro Serial comunication

A place to just chat
GHS

Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:05 am

I'm trying to communicate my Arduino Mega ADK by using serial communication ports 1,2 and 3. I have running on my notebook MegunoLink Pro, 1.2.1505.1601 version .
I made the first test with the sketch that you identify in your page as "A Simple Arduino Test Program".
As my notebook does not have an RS232 port, I have to use an external USB / RS232 converter.
Now what is my problem ?.
I have to say that is always present no matter the communication port number that I use.
Instead of seeing (Hello Word) in the Monitor window a pattern of characters displayed +: ???? and more.
Everything suggests that there is some communication parameters that are not matched (Baud rate, stop bit, data bit, etc.).
The truth is I've tried every combination and while the pattern changes slightly, the problem still continues.

A big help would be to know what are the parameters that transmits the Mega ADK board.
Someone knows what they are?

Even I have the option to change the USB / RS232 converter. To prove it I have made a jumper between pins 2 and 3 (TX / RX) of the RS232 converter and trasnmison side and reception in the monitor window is correct.

Thanks for everything.

William
philr

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:39 pm

Hi William, I am not familiar with the ADK device. It should work fine and by RS232 we also mean all of the USB to serial converters included commonly with Arduino devices. Did you have any luck in the end?

Cheers
Phil